3.5.14

mothers day gifting, 2014


Mother's Day is a week from tomorrow, you guys! What are you even going to do about it!? Welp, Here are some ideas of mine!



I struggle with the notion that mothers day gifts ought to be domestic, and I don't know if many Modern Mothers truly have time to hang around baking these days. But, Chase gave me one of these pie birds for my very first mother's day, and I thought it was the sweetest most perfect gift! You'll know from personal experience if this is the sort of thing your mother would actually need... $10, Le Creuset



So she isn't the pie-making kind? Rather than suggesting that she prepare you a pastry, how about something a little more functional? I use my Keep Cup every single day, and I bet if she had one, she would too. You can design one in her favorite size and color-combo, or choose the somewhat chicer limited edition cork-and-glass model. Include a gift card to her favorite coffee shop for a more comprehensive offering. From $9.80, KeepCup



Or how about my good old fall-back suggestion, the zippy pouch! I turn to them again and again because, well, ladies love them! There's one for every taste and pricepoint, of course, and you'll have no trouble finding one to suit, but I'm particularly taken with the ones my friend Ogechi makes by hand in Chicago. So chic!  From $50, eyeofthesunoa



I'm so excited to see that Garance Doré has released her own line of stationary! Something about it strikes me as particularly appropriate for mothers-day--so feminine, so stylish! From $4.50, Rifle Paper 



Speaking of feminine and stylish, I just discovered this Etsy site that offers the loveliest hand-made underthings. Sexy and comfortable in equal measure. A floral print always says 'mothers day' to me!
From  $24, Egretta Garzetta



Or tell her she's beautiful with the gift of her own face! Etsy is a great place to find vintage hand mirrors and vanity sets, and you can basically name your own price--I like these ones!




For something a little more modern, this water-resistant sunnylife spearkerbox beach radio is perfect not just for the beach, but for picnics, patios, or anywhere the summer takes her! Keeps smartphones and mp3 devices safe from the elements while allowing you to play your own music anywhere, all summer long! So handy, so cute! $49.99, anthropologie



How about her very own picnic throw blanket to go with it? These are striped to perfection. Go the extra mile and have it monogramed for a mere $8.50, with her initials, or even "mom"! Currently on sale for $39, West Elm



Make it a picnic she'll remember with a box of sea salt caramels from Goumas Confections. You can't possibly go wrong! 



But if you really want to knock her socks off, spring for tickets to that show she's been dying to see. Both paul mccartney and fleetwood mac are currently touring; either are sure to be a hit with mothers across the land! (this mother anyway...)

p.s. Some ideas from last year, and the year before!

No comments:

Post a Comment