7.11.14

solitary confinement



A few weeks ago, I asked a friend of mine if she'd like to attend the next Party in the Tropics at Phipps Conservatory... have you ever been? Held in the tropical forest conservatory, this reoccurring event sounds like a dream night: cocktails, canapés, a presumably adequate DJ, and of course the most beautiful setting. So steamy! The first one I ever knew about was coincidentally scheduled on the very first birthday I celebrated here in Pittsburgh... but due to lack of a date/lack of a babysitter, I missed it! And it seems I'll be missing this one, too! Bummertown. Dragsville. 

But it's not so bad... who even likes parties, anyway? It's been a long time since I had a proper Ball at a social gathering. Parties always sound fun, but in real life, they can be exhausting. Either there's no one to talk to, or you get cornered by some weirdo. It's inevitable. Or maybe it's just me? Judging by this recent post, Women Having A Terrible Time At Parties In Western Art History, blogger/kindred spirit Mallory Ortberg knows what I'm talking about, at least. 


Clearly this is my way of consoling myself in the face of my longstanding inability to partake in social activities past 8:00pm... but, motherhood is great, I promise! And if you have super fun plans this weekend, please enjoy them! Enjoy your freedom!


images via the toast

No comments:

Post a Comment