30.7.12

homecoming

were back from the Island now, and its back to normal here in Essex, which is fine--but I already miss being on the island, since its one of my favorite places in the whole world. One of the reasons I love it so is that because its such a small island (thirty miles long and only eight miles wide) youre literally, constantly surrounded by the sea; you can stand on the bay in Castletown, for example, look back across the island, and see the shore in Port Erin on the other side. Its amazing! Ive always wanted to live by the sea, because I love being near it--the smell, the sound, not to mention the sailboats, and of course the sea food... its all so thrilling and comforting at the same time. And you cant live by the sea much more than you can on the island. I was happy to find that Felix found the sea equally compelling; I think he loved it as much as I did! I think the boats had something to do with it. 
Ill be sharing more about our trip as the week goes on, if youre interested--including Felixs first encounter with his cousin, sweet baby Lila, which of course, was adorable! Its just that Im still feeling a little wistful about it all this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment