31.1.14

the snowy day


Yesterday, as the sun was shining and the temperature finally climbed to just below freezing, I felt it was high time Felix and I bucked up, bundled up, and went out into the world for some snowy day fun.  And I'm so glad we did!



Good old friendship park! It's always there when we need it. People around here are always talking about how Frick Park has the best sledding in town, and I suppose I believe them, but yesterday I felt grateful for our little parklet's gentle topography: baby hills steep enough for felix to feel a thrill going down, but not high enough to exhaust me as I pulled him around on his adorable baby toboggan. Of course, I did tire out eventually, though I'm pretty sure Felix would have stayed all afternoon! He was devastated when I told him it was time to go, but glad to get unbundled and cozy back home.


Good thing we went when we did because it's all gone grey and horrible again. What can you do??

ps: felix's very first sled ride, two whole years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment