9.4.12

babealert: MARY CRAWLEY


You know how, when a show (or a book) is so good, you just want it to be your whole life forever? And, perhaps even more so, your wardrobe? Ive been thinking about theme dressing a lot lately. Right now, Im all about Westeros (and beyond!), which I hope to discuss at length in the near future. But not so long ago, I was completely obsessed with Downton Abbey. Ive loved turn-of-the(last)century clothing since I was gifted my beloved--and since inexplicably discontinued--Samantha doll for Christmas 92. The period from the nineteen-teens to the nineteen thirties was so dynamic, sartorially speaking; I love its unique combination of residual old-world elegance and propriety, and new-world casual sexiness and practicality. And of course, of everyone at Downton, the girl whos wardrobe Id most like to steal is Marys. Because, what a babe! Nothing can compare to her actual costumes on the show, but the modern collection that comes the closest to capturing its essence (as far as I can tell) is Valentino Spring 2012 Ready-To-Wear:





So ladylike!

images from pbs.org & style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment