17.4.12

how to be a wifey


My parents divorced when I was very young, and, jaded as I was, I cant say I idolized either of their subsequent marriages. Instead, I took my nuptial inspiration from beloved 90s sitcom Mad About You. To my young mind, the Buchmans epitomized what stylish, sensible young matrimony should be--and thanks to the internet, they still do! Now that Im married for real, Im feeling a major Jamie Buchman vibe, sartorially speaking: cashmere, trench coats, boyfriend (husband?) jeans, Keds, breton tops, silk blouses, gold watches, sensible pumps, drop-earings, simple leather accessories, LBDs, Calvin Klein, the New York Times (paper edition), and, most important of all, baggy button-ups borrowed from my husbands closet. Thats right, I said it, my husband.

As it turns out, this is pretty much how I dress normally, but with a slightly more 90s influence, in terms of proportion. Its a look perfected by Helen Hunt, and updated by women like Lucy Chadwick, as seen in this video with which Im secretly obsessed and have watched probably eleven times:



Its all about the classics, people!

first image from here, second by me; video via Zara

No comments:

Post a Comment