2.5.12

Chemicus Service Set

omg. 
I. Love. This. And I cant stop thinking about it!



Its a Russian tea service, re-imagined by Art Lebedev Studio to resemble a chemistry lab--for Russian chemists and patriots, according to the website. I love the little test-tube spice jars and the beaker-shaped tea cups. Even the traditional Gzhel pattern that adorns this twelve-piece set was adapted to the theme (notice the little bio-hazard symbols? so cute!) I also love that you can read about the design process, from concept to prototype to finished product, to see how all of the elements break down. I cant figure out if its for sale or not and I dont imagine it would be very affordable (for me, anyway) but how amazing is it? Such a cool idea, and what an perfect gift it would make!


No comments:

Post a Comment