5.1.13

imlovinit: COCONUT


Speaking of winter whites... about a month ago I bought a jar of coconut oil at the supermarket, to replace the bottle of olive oil I use as my post-shower moisturizer. Talk about an upgrade! First of all, I like that its solid at room temperature, but melts into this lovely squishy balm in the heat of the shower. Theres something about a balm that seems so much more decadent than plain old oil... even the word sounds soothing. Balm. Its a great hair conditioner, too. And then the other day (new years day, I believe, on which I was particularly hungoves) I bought a carton of coconut water, for drinking. And omg its so delicious! And extremely hydrating, Im told... for what its worth. As an ingredient, coconut is perfect for all season because, while inherently beachy and therefore summery, its rich creaminess is exactly the thing for your poorest driest skin in the snowier months, when its fluffy snowy whiteness seems especially appropraite. It also never hurts to evoke a warm, summery vibe during a steamy shower in the middle of January. Ive been doing a little window shopping, and if I ever decide to double-upgrade from my jar of straight coconut oil, here are the coconutty products Id choose:

clockwise from left: Bobbi Brown Beach Body Oil, $30; Bumble and Bumble Creme de Coco Hair Masque, $27; Balm Balm Organic Coconut Cleanser, $21.50; C.O. Bigelow Not Your Ordinary Daily Shampoo, $14; Balmi Lip Balm in Coconut, which I saw in england but stupidly didnt buy--I dont think you can get it here; The Body Shop Coconut Oil Hair Shine, $10; NARS Body Glow, $59

The more I think about it, the more I realize that this recent fixation of mine may have been sparked by multiple readings of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. And I do mean multiple. Good thing it never gets old...

painting by VH McKenzie, collage by me on polyvore

No comments:

Post a Comment