20.10.12

color therapy

Back when I was nursing Felix as a littlest tiny baby, I found I had a lot of spare, sofa-bound time during which only one of my hands was free... needless to say, a lot of it was spent on the internet. Sometimes Id read or try to be productive--in fact, I started this blog as a way of killing some of that endless, stationary free-time. But other times, like at five in the morning after a night of broken sleep, I just wanted to look at something pretty. I dont know about you, but theres something about seeing rainbow colors that both invigorates and soothes me. For that, Cubicle Refugee is the perfect thing: a tumblr in which its author Jen does a mini collage in a different color each day. 


Or, if youre in the mood for something a little more dramatic, Shiro to Kuro (an abbreviation of Shiroi to Kuroi, the Japanese for “black and white”) is a gallery of typography, photography, product design, and illustration, all in--you guessed it--black and white. 


Both sites are also good for discovering artists and designers you may never have heard of before, which I find quite useful. Though for true calm on the web, I simply could have visited this site, had it been a thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment