28.2.13

on ankle socks

 I have mixed feelings about this fall collection from Lela Rose. I like the shapes--so ladylike they are--and that there were mixed prints; I didnt necessarily like the majority of the prints themselves, or the fabrics. Shiny, pseudo-floral brocade screams mother-of-the-bride to me, and not in a good way. But one thing I know for sure is that I need a pair of those dotty ankle socks like, now. 


Dont ask me why I like how this looks, but not this. Its a mystery even to me. I think, once again, it has to do with hem-lenghth and skirt shape. Almost anything looks good with a pencil skirt, after all, but these little ankle socks are especially prim and ladylike, but also sweet and silly and sort of casual. I will talk more about my slow conversion to the cult of the polka dot at a later date, but for now, this $4 pair of open-dot knit ankle socks have shot to the top of my spring shopping list:


And also these slightly more expensive wolford blue velvet ankle socks because, well, velvet ankle socks? How luxurious! Plus also I need those shoes to match!


 images via style.com & asos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment