4.2.13

valentine mouth

I wont say I was the hugest fan of the Giles Spring ready-to-wear collection this year, though I found it generally pleasing, and there were a few looks by which I was truly smitten:


Nevertheless, what I found most appealing about the show, and what I cant get out of my head this snowiest, most valentines-y February winter time, is that lipstick; that perfectly matte, pinky purple, at once cool and hot--just like February! Moreover, what I find particularly notable about that lipstick is how good it looks on everyone in the show:


Who would have thought such an odd, purply-fuschia could look so great on everyone, from the cool, blonde Ruby Jean Wilson to the warm, gingery Maja Salamon to the olive-y, Chinese Tian Yi. Its incredible, and makes me want to give my apparently discontinued (or re-named) and presumably expired VS Lipstick in Muse another spin, though admittedly it lacks the purplish quality seen here--which is maybe why I never had any luck with it in the past. I wonder how Felix will like it?

all images via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment